Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Several of you have contacted my office about how to get more information about citizen participation during the 2021 virtual session. With that in mind, the list below was developed by the Legislative Information Center. It includes resources that can help you navigate the Washington State Legislature's remote session.
Understanding the process
New to how the Legislature operates? Start here!
- Legislative Process (Video)
- How a Bill Becomes a Law (text)
- Overview of Legislative Process (text)
- Cutoff Calendar | The cutoff calendar shows dates and deadline of significance in the legislative process
- Glossary of Legislative Terms
Watching and participating
See all the action and have your voice heard!
- Watch gavel to gavel coverage of legislative session on TVW streaming or on Television
- Watch TVW Coverage of Senate Sessions
- Watch TVW Coverage of House Sessions
- Participate by testifying in a committee (Virtually) Get Detailed Instructions
- Participate by voicing your opinion on a bill
- Participate by knowing who your legislators are
- Citizen's Guide to Effective Legislative Participation
- Find ADA accommodation and information
Know where your bills are so you can watch and take part effectively.
- Bill Tracking Video
- Floor Activity Report:
- House Floor Activity Calendar
- Senate Floor Activity Calendar
- Committee Schedules
Contacting Your Legislator
Start a Dialogue With Your Elected Officials.
- Contact Your legislators to Schedule a Virtual Visit
- Call and leave a message for your legislators via the Hotline: 1.800.562.6000
- Who are the legislators that represent me and my district?
Although the 2021 virtual session presents difficulties for lawmakers and the people represent, it does not mean you can't participate in the process. If you have any problems accessing the information listed above or need additional help, contact me. I'm always happy to help.
It's an honor to serve you.